5.11.2010

Market Review: Manhattan Beach

I went to check out the Manhattan Beach Farmer's Market.  It's every Tuesday, 11-5.
 It's a lovely little market in a nice location.  
It's a few blocks from the beach and parking it tough/metered.  This is definitely a hang out for young families.  I think I counted 37 strollers.  There is live music and a little train ride for kids. Super cute.
 It's a barket basics of local produce.  Probably half the market is agricultural, the other half varies from breads, olive oils, hummus and great looking fresh seafood. 
There was an amazing booth of Afghan flat breads and dips.
There were also prepared food booths for on the spot snacking including crepes and pupusas.
25-30 booths on a good day.  The website has more listed than I saw set up.
Berries from Santiago Farms.
Lemons and other citrus from Atkins Farms.
Dried fruit, nuts and beans from MB Farms out of Fresno.
And I scored this snappy little button!

If you find yourself bored on a Tuesday, worth it.  
Calling in sick to go, maybe, maybe not. I guess that depends on the job.  
The sunshine was nice though!

No comments:

Post a Comment